Sunday, August 3, 2008

Triathlon









Yesterday was the Wausau Triathlon. From the minute I got there I saw tons of people I knew, which was fun.

It was my first time participating in a triathlon, so I was a little sketchy on the details, transitions and all that. I was a touch nervous, but I found a four leaf clover while I was stretching out, and so I figured it was a good sign...

Stef swam amazing fast, second in our division with a time of 10.21 for a half mile swim. Wow! I was actually surprised to see her coming into the exchange zone when she did, I just grabbed my bike and ran off and started my race.

The biking was really fun, surprisingly, seeing as it was a 28 mile course over some pretty hilly roads. Despite that I managed to pace it really well. I am sooo glad that Dad and I went and checked out the course last week! I passed a couple people, but mostly I was passed by super-fit men on beautiful bikes. I mean, there were some really nice bikes out there! On the course I saw all sorts of people, including my ski coach on a rollerski! Random... Overall I was 6th in our division with a time of 1:32.

At the end I came into the exchange area, tried to get my left foot out of the pedal, and was STUCK. So I just pulled my foot out of the shoe and thanked my lucky stars that I didn't fall over... Scott ran up, took the exchange scrunchie, and then took off.

Scott was awsome. He stepped in at the last minute to take over for our first runner, who was injured. At any rate he ran extremely fast. He ran 10 miles in somewhere around 35 minutes, the fastest time in our division.

Overall our relay placed third of seven in the co-ed long course relay division. I had an amazing time. It felt so good to race again, and I definatly want to to do another triathlon. Maybe next year I will even try one on my own!

No comments: