Saturday, November 1, 2008

Waiting it out

The snow here has melted. There is nothing left. It is really sad, actually! The weather has been beautiful, all 50s-60s and sunny, but that really is not what I want. Slushy, sleety, I just want snow!
Training has been lovely. About a week ago we ran the M time trail, which is a leg burner if I ever ran one. The time trial starts at the parking lot of trail up to the giant M on the side of one of the Bridger mountains. Logically, it ends at the M. The whole thing takes less than 15 minutes, and every second is torture. When it was done, though, then it was cool! To be honest, I did take an accidental shortcut. I took a wrong turn at the very end and took a very steep way up rather than a switch back that I missed. Oops!
This next week is intensity, and it will be tough. There are a handful of time trials and relays planned, even some sort of pursuit race on roller skis! Today I went swimming, and it felt amazing. I ended up doing a handful of sprints, and it felt really good. I really miss swimming with the team, and I really hope they do well at sectionals! Good luck Warriors!

No comments: